TEXAS COOPERATIVE EXTENSION
BY DAVID RODRIGUEZ
May 27, 2006
- Keep suckers pruned off your fruit trees-they come from the root stock and will take over if unattended.
- Peaches are ready to harvest when the base color changes from green to yellow.
- Pick peaches, apples, and plums as soon as they ripen.
- Control army worms and webworms with Bt or Malathion. Bt must be applied when the worms are feeding.
- Keep fruit trees well watered as long as there is fruit on the tree.
David Rodriguez is County Extension Agent-Horticulture with Texas Cooperative Extension in Bexar County. For more information, call the Master Gardener “Hotline” (210) 467-6575 or visit our County Extension website at https://bexar-tx.tamu.edu