Join us for the Fall Open House – Youth Insect and Horticulture Event!
October 3rd, 2015 at the Bexar County Extension Office, 3355 Cherry Ridge, Suite 208.
$2 per child, 16 and under. Adults free! Come learn about insects and horticulture through experiments, activities, crafts, and games. Get your hands dirty digging through dirt, playing with worms, and touching live insects! Cash or check only please, we cannot accept credit cards.
For more information, contact Molly at 210-467-6575 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Click here for flier.
Texas A&M AgriLife Extension in Bexar County is excited to present an “educational” dinner event all about entomophagy! This event brings many of the components that Extension is so proud to bring to the community: education, nutrition, youth development, agriculture, sustainability, and environmental stewardship. For more information, click here..
November 6th @ Clearwater Ranch (24510 Clearwater Run, SATX 78255). 7-9pm.
Enjoy an evening of entomophagy prepared by expert chef’s and Bexar County 4-H Food Challenge Teams. Dine under the stars at Clearwater Ranch and learn how raising insects is a sustainable form of agriculture and a surprisingly enjoyable culinary experience.
Delight in an expertly prepared four course meal made with delectable insects and paired with an appropriate cocktail, beer or wine. Food prepared with insects can be pushed to the side for those not so inclined to partake.
Cost: $35 per person or $50 per couple
Event Date: Friday, November 6th
Register at: agriliferegister.tamu.edu
More Insect Info:
- Bug Blog – want to know what “bugs” are big? Updated regularly to keep you up to date!
- Upcoming Educational Events
- Beekeeping Basics Program and Field Day
- Insects and Kids! – click for BUG CAMP INFORMATION!
- Structural Pest Control – CEUs and Other Information, including the new preparatory course for the Associate Certified Entomologist exam!!!
- Quarterly Newsletter
- If you are concerned about West Nile, Bed Bugs, or ANY other insect and would like an entomologist to present to your organization/club/group, contact Molly at email@example.com or 210-467-6575.
Contact – get answers to your pest and insect questions. Molly Keck, Texas AgriLife Extension Program Specialist in Integrated Pest Mangement and Board Certified Entomologist.
Call: 210-467-6575 / Email: firstname.lastname@example.org