Welcome to Agriculture and Natural Resources. The Bexar County Agriculture & Natural Resources program emphasizes systems approaches that maintain and enhance agricultural profitability through the application of sound crop and animal production practices. We address issues associated with the social and environmental impacts of food safety and quality, surface and ground water contamination, biotechnology and natural resource management. The program addresses educational needs related to the management, use and sustains ability of renewable and nonrenewable natural resources. Drawing on a variety of disciplines, these programs typically focus on such topics as soil, water, air, plant and animal life, forests, rangelands and aquatic and other ecosystems.
- 2018 Bexar County Beef Cattle Short Course – The Bexar County Agriculture & Natural Resources Committee is pleased to announce the 2018 Bexar County Beef Cattle Short Course will be held on January 9th and January 16th (Tuesdays), from 6:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. at Palo Alto College (Performing Arts, Room 101). Registration will begin at 6:00 p.m. each day with the program to follow at 6:30. More details will be forthcoming.
For a calendar view of coming events, across all disciplines, visit our Events Calendar.
2017 Urban Wildlife Series
Please visit the Bexar AgriLife YouTube Channel where you can view any of the four recorded sessions (Managing for Songbirds, Urban Nuisance Wildlife, Snakes and Other Reptiles, or Appreciating Backyard Wildlife) as well as other informational videos.
Ag News Blog
Visit our blog: http://agrilife.org/agnewsandviews
- Winter 2017 Ag Newsletter
- Fall 2017 Ag Newsletter
- Spring 2017 Ag Newsletter
- Winter 2016 Ag Newsletter
- Fall 2016 Ag Newsletter
- Spring 2016 Ag Newsletter
Licensed Private Applicator Program
- Private Applicator Program
- Bexar County Private Applicator Training Schedule
- Ordering Study Materials
- Texas Department of Agriculture
Weed & Brush Control
B-6079 Weed Identification
ERM-018 How to Beat Mesquite
ERM-019 How to Control Pricklypear and other Cacti
ERM-1466 Chemical Week and Brush Control
L-5160 How to Master Cedar
L-5348 How to Control Huisache
L-5465 Sprayer Calibration Guide
- Texas Wildlife Services (formerly known as Texas Wildlife Damage Management)
- Bexar County Appraisal District
- Bexar County Fire Marshal
- Natural Resources Conservation Service – Texas
- Texas Commission on Environmental Quality
- Texas Natural Resources Information System
- Texas Parks & Wildlife Department
- Texas Wildlife Association
- Urban Rancher
- USDA Farm Service Agency
For more information on natural resources education, contact the Texas A&M AgriLife Extension Service in Bexar County.