TEXAS COOPERATIVE EXTENSION
January 7, 2006
- Plant an orchard now — This is a great time to plant bare-root/container fruit trees.
- Dormant roses go in now!!! Do not forget to mulch.
- Pre-emergent herbicides, i.e. Dimension and Portrait, need to be applied now in your lawns. Amaze in your flower beds to prevent weeds from coming up this spring.
- Spray dormant fruit trees with horticultural oil spray for insect control.
- Last, but of course not least, let’s support our great State of Texas, and our #1 National College Football Team by planting our state flower, the “Texas Bluebonnet” available at your favorite local nursery as young transplants. For you “Aggies” out there, do not forget about the Maroon Bluebonnet–try those!!!
- Learn and have fun.
David Rodriguez is County Extension Agent-Horticulture with Texas Cooperative Extension in Bexar County. For more information, call (210) 467-6575 or visit our County Extension website at https://bexar-tx.tamu.edu