COUNTY EXTENSION AGENT – HORTICULTURE
TEXAS COOPERATIVE EXTENSION
JANUARY 31, 2004
- Potatoes, English peas, onions, radishes, and sweet peas can be planted now.
- Harvest broccoli before the heads bloom. Secondary heads will allow a second harvest several weeks after the initial large head is cut.
- Sow cosmos, coreopis, and nasturtium in your flower beds.
- Plant gladiolus now and every two or three weeks for an extended show of blooms.
- Set out birdhouses. Martins, titmice, chickadees, wrens, woodpeckers and owls will soon be looking for nesting sites.