COUNTY EXTENSION AGENT – HORTICULTURE
TEXAS COOPERATIVE EXTENSION
FEBRUARY 28, 2004
- Finish pruning established roses and plant new rose varieties now.
- Divide summer and fall blooming perennials, including cannas, mallows, fall asters, mums and perennial salvias.
- Remove dead leaves or sections of liriope, Asian jasmine and mondo grass.
- Thicken nandina bushes by pruning the tallest, thinnest canes down to two inches.
- It’s too early to fertilize lawns; instead, aerate and “top dress” with compost.