TEXAS COOPERATIVE EXTENSION
BEXAR COUNTY BY DAVID RODRIGUEZ
December 22, 2007
- Need a last minute Holiday Gift? Consider gardening books. They not only make good reading, but also are filled with lots of great gardening information and resources for that beginner or expert gardener. One of the newest gardening books out there is the “Texas Garden Almanac” by Doug Welsh, a former Bexar County Extension Horticulture Agent and now a professor at Texas A&M University.
- Be a horticultural mentor or instructor; give the gift of gardening to a child in 2008. Consider a donation or being a volunteer at the Children’s Vegetable Garden at the San Antonio Botanical Garden. For more information, please call 210-207-3250.
- How about, a gift certificate to that special gardener in your life to attend the spring Bexar County Master Gardener class #47. What beginner or experienced gardener wouldn’t want such a gift! Call 210-467-6575 for more information.
- For individuals who like to cook, pyramid shaped rosemary plants or not only decorative, but also are fragrant and can be used with many culinary dishes.
- Last but not least, you can’t go wrong with a monetary gift certificate to your favorite independent nursery or garden center. This would be a great start in anyone’s garden or landscape for the spring of 2008.
David Rodriguez is County Extension Agent-Horticulture with Texas Cooperative Extension in Bexar County. For more information, call the Master Gardener “Hotline” (210) 467-6575 or visit our County Extension website at https://bexar-tx.tamu.edu.