LYNN RAWE, COUNTY EXTENSION AGENT – HORTICULTURE
TEXAS COOPERATIVE EXTENSION
SEPTEMBER 25, 2004
- Dig and divide spring bulbs and perennials such as daffodils, iris, daylilies, liriope and cannas.
- Reduce stress to large leaved plants of iris and daylilies by cutting the foliage by half at transplanting time.
- Time to sow seeds of snapdragons, dianthus, pansies and other winter flowers in flats for planting outdoors during October.
- Root prune established plants that you intend to move this winter. This allows them time to establish new roots within the soil balls that will be lifted. Do not cut tap roots at this time.
- Apply pre-emergent weed killer to your lawns for control of winter weeds. Read the label carefully and select the product best suited for your needs.