TEXAS COOPERATIVE EXTENSION
January 28, 2006
- Irish potato tubers can be planted.
- Coreopsis and nasturtium seed should be sown.
- Plant up spring tomatoes in 6″/1 gallon nursery pots. Protect them if it gets too cold.
- Look for the new rodeo tomato “Solar Fire” – It’s good!!!
- Plan to attend the San Antonio Rodeo and Livestock Exposition, and visit the Texas Cooperative Extension and Bexar County Master Gardener exhibits in the “Texas Experience” pavilion. It will be lots of fun.
- Learn and have fun.
Master Gardener Training Class #43 begins Tuesday, March 7 and continues for 10 weeks. If you can commit to 50 hours of volunteer work supporting Texas Cooperative Extension educational efforts in community horticulture, please call the Extension office at (210) 467-6575 to receive an application form. Or you can go to our website at http://bexar-tx.tamu.edu, under the horticulture and gardening section, click on “Master Gardeners.”
David Rodriguez is County Extension Agent-Horticulture with Texas Cooperative Extension in Bexar County. For more information, call (210) 467-6575 or visit our County Extension website at http://bexar-tx.tamu.edu