- Aggie-Horticulture Website from Texas A&M University
- Aggie Turfgrass Program
- Texas Superstar Program
- Insect Information: Visit our IPM Page Visit Discovery Entomology At Texas A&M
- San Antonio Botanical Garden
- Seasonal Irrigation Program (SIP)
- Texas Forest Service Website
- Texas AgriLife Extension Soil, Water and Forage Testing Lab at Texas A&M University
- Texas Nursery & Landscape Association
- Texas Plant Disease Diagnostic Laboratory
- Texas Oak Wilt Information Partnership
- Texas Tree Planting Guide
- South Texas Poison Center (UTHSCS)
- Texas Poison Control Network
- TAMU Herbarium in Uvalde – Native Plants of South Texas
MyExtension 2019 Highlights
Here’s the Latest…
Back to the Basics Beef Cattle Series
Mark your calendar now for the “Back to the Basics” Beef Cattle series. It doesn’t matter the size of your operation or the number of cattle you manage, this is an opportunity you don’t want to miss! Click HERE for program and registration details.
Dates October 19th
Time: 12:00 p.m. – 2:00 p.m.
Growing Fall Color Seminar at Milberger’s Landcape Nursery
Topic: Growing Fall Color
Date: Saturday, October 16th, 2021
Times: 10:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.
Address: 3920 N Loop 1604 E, San Antonio, TX 78247
Cost: Free and No RSVP Required
Sheep and Goats 101 Webinar
If you are considering raising sheep or goats, you don’t want to miss this informative webinar.
Cost: $15 per person
Date: Thursday, October 7th
Time: 12:00 p.m. – 2:00 p.m.
Online Platform: Microsoft Teams
RSVP: Email Sam Womble at email@example.com
Beekeeping 101 Virtual Class
This live, online course will cover the basics of beekeeping to prepare you to have your own hives and interact with instructors. We will cover honey bee biology, beekeeping equipment, managing a hive, and pests management of honey bees. You’ll learn what to expect those first early years as a beekeeper!
Dates: October 5th, 6th, 12th, and 13th
Texas Fruit Conference
The Texas Fruit Conference supports the unique challenges and opportunities for growing perennial fruit in Texas by bringing people together!
Dates: October 11th and 12th
Location: 375 S. Castell Avenue, New Braunfels, TX 78130
4-H 2021 County Food Challenge & Food Show
FEE: County Food Challenge – $20 per team / County Food Show – Free
Date: October 16th
Location: 3014 Rivas Street, SA TX, 78228 – The Neighborhood Place
Click Here for Program Guidelines
Stress Less with Mindfulness
This five-class series introduces participants to the experience and practice of mindfulness to reduce stress.
1. Begin with a Breath (October 20th)
2. Mindful Eating (October 27th)
3. Mindful Walking (November 3rd)
4. Be Kind to Your Mind (November 10th)
5. Laughter is Good Medicine (November 17th)
Location: Precinct 1 Community Room
Address: 3505 Pleasanton Rd, SA TX, 78221
Click Here for more information
Food Handler’s Permit Class
This two- year permit is from the State of Texas and is a basic overview of food safety practices that are necessary to ensure you serve safe food at your establishment.
Fee: $20.00 per person
Date: October 19, 2021
Time: 6:30 pm
Location: TEAMS Virtual Platform
Please contact Patricia at firstname.lastname@example.org for registration and meeting link.
Fall is for Planting
Date: October 30th, 2021
Time: 10:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.
Location: The Garden Center on Bandera Rd.
Address: 10682 Bandera Rd., SA TX, 78250
Virtual Winter CEU Program
6 CEUs – Structural Pest Control Licensees
5 CEUs – ALL other pesticide licenses
Dates: Friday, December 10th, 2021
Time: 8 a.m.-3 p.m. (will be a break for lunch)