TEXAS COOPERATIVE EXTENSION
BEXAR COUNTY BY DAVID RODRIGUEZ
November 3, 2007
- November and December are the ideal months to plant trees and shrubs. Make certain your final choices are from the list of recommended trees and shrubs for this area found at: http://bexar-tx.tamu.edu/HomeHort/F4Best/BexarBestindex.htm.
- Many of South Central Texas’ finest wildflowers can be seeded now and bluebonnets can be transplanted. For the best selection of native wildflower seeds go to: http://wildseedfarms.com.
- The pecan crop is fairly large across the state this year and quality nuts are now available. The major suppliers of pecans in this area are Pape’s Pecan House in Seguin and Bragg Pecans in Hondo (http://texaspecans.com).
- For great Holiday recipes go to: http://www.plantanswers.com/recipes.htm.
- Plant spinach transplants now. A complete list of fall vegetables for this area may be found at: http://bexar-tx.tamu.edu/HomeHort/F4Best/nFallVegPlantList.htm.
David Rodriguez is County Extension Agent-Horticulture with Texas Cooperative Extension in Bexar County. For more information, call the Master Gardener “Hotline” (210) 467-6575 or visit our County Extension website at http://bexar-tx.tamu.edu.