TEXAS COOPERATIVE EXTENSION
July 9, 2005
- Chinch bugs damaging hot areas in St. Augustine lawns can be controlled with neem oil or lawn insecticide sprays.
- Enjoy firebush, esperanza, poinciana, salvia, crape myrtle, zinnias blooming all over San Antonio.
- July is a good month to prune oaks and avoid oak wilt threat but paint pruning wounds immediately to be safe.
- As spring planted vegetable plants play out add them to your compost pile so long as they are not diseased or pest-infested.
- Plant Tomato444 and Celebrity are the best selections for our area. Eggplant and peppers should also be planted now.