Beekeeping 101 Online Course
October 12 @ 6:00 pm - October 13 @ 8:00 pm$45
Interested in Beekeeping, but need some information to get started? This live, online course will cover the basics of beekeeping to prepare you to have your own hives and interact with instructors. We will cover honey bee biology, beekeeping equipment, managing a hive, and pests management of honey bees. You’ll learn what to expect those first early years as a beekeeper!
- October 5: Honey Bee Biology
- October 6: Beekeeping Basics
- October 12: What to Expect the First Year
- October 13: Risks to Honey Bees – Pests & Others
Each session is 6 p.m.-8 p.m., and will be recorded.
A beekeeping resources kit with catalogs, factsheets, etc, will be mailed to you. Please provide the best address for mailing.
- Will be the Leon Springs area of San Antonio (south of Boerne, north of La Cantera).
- Oct 15 or 22 (details to be given once beekeepers’ schedule is known)
- After you have registered, you will be contacted for a time/date and directions.