Entomology (Bug) Camp 2013! – now accepting registrations.
- During our summer camp, campers become certified junior entomologists, learning more than they imagined they could about entomology and insects. Even kids who aren’t fans of insects end up having a great time. We will perform experiments using insects, do activities related to insects, and make an insect collection.
- Camp fees include snacks, a collection bag, and an awesome collection kit (better than what you get in college). Collection kits includes: insect pins, vials, aspirator, forceps, killing solution, killing jars, net, collection booklet, labels, non-running pen, magnifying glass, spreading board, pinning block, and collection box.
- We fill up fast, please don’t wait until the deadline – to make sure we are still accepting campers, contact Molly at 210-467-6575 or email@example.com.
- July 15-18 – THIS SESSION IS FULL!!!
- July 22-25 – THIS SESSION IS FULL!!!
- August 12-15 – Register through www.nisd.net/ace
SECOND BUGS TOTS SCIENCE CAMP HAS BEEN OPENED!
Want something for you young one? Ages 2-5, 10am-12pm. Tots Science Camp. Cost is $20 per camp. Parents of younger children are strongly encouraged to stay. The days will consist of a short lesson, crafts activity, snack and experiment. Great experience for your younger scientists. Click here for registration
- VERY LIMITED SPOTS LEFT – PLEASE CONTACT MOLLY AT 210-467-6575 TO BE SURE THERE IS STILL ROOM!!!!!
- August 2nd – Bugs! – THIS SESSION IS NOW FULL!!! Learn the parts of an insect, build an insect activity, and perform an age appropriate experiment. Campers will get to touch live insects, dig through soil to discover insects and become junior entomologists. If you have a child interested in insects, this is a unique experience for them. For more information, contact Molly at 210-467-6575.
If you are an educator and would like someone to speak to your school about insects, click on the registration form below.
- AgriLife Extension can work with you to set up a presentation. We request that presentations do not start earlier than 9am, for grades 1st and up. We prefer no more than 30 1st & 2nd graders and no more than 60 3rd -5th graders per session.
- Please fill out the registration form above or contact Molly at 210-467-6575 for more information.
- Ento Youth Program Form